Dear guest at the Dünenburg Hotel,
Unfortunately, it does happen frequently that guests do not make use of their binding room reservations or cancel at short notice. This results in losses for the accommodation provider that were not caused by his or her fault.
The German Hotel and Restaurant Association has drawn up terms and conditions that state the legal situation clearly. In order to eliminate ambiguities from the very start, please note the following rights and obligations.
General terms and conditions for the hotel industry (published by the Executive Hotel Division and associates of the German Hotels and Restaurant Association (DEHOGA):
- The accommodation contract shall be concluded as soon as the room is reserved by the guest and confirmed by the owner or, in the event that for time reasons a confirmation is not possible, when accommodation is made available.
- The guest accommodation contract binds both parties to fulfill the commitments resulting from the contract; regardless of the duration of the agreement.
- A free cancellation is possible up to 4 weeks before arrival. If canceled after that the guest is obliged to pay the agreed or customary price less any savings the company providing the accommodation has been able to make. On the basis of relevant past experience, the savings for overnight stays amount to about 20% of theaccommodation price (for room and board agreements about 40% of the all-inclusive price).
- The hotel is bound to act in good faith and to let the unused room to another guest, if possible, in order to avoid financial loss.
- The guest must pay the amount calculated under clause 3 for the duration of the reservation until the room has been assigned to another person. We recommend a travel cancellation insurance from a trusted insurance company.
- On the day of arrival, the rooms shall be available at 3:00 pm the latest. Check out time on the departure day is 11:00 am.
These Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by the guest upon conclusion of the contract.
Thank you for your understanding. We are looking forward to welcome you as a guest at our Dünenburg Hotel.
Your Hotel Dünenburg Team
Hotel Dünenburg Sylt GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Herr Olaf Rubin
Elisabethstraße 9 – 25980 Sylt/OT Westerland
Telefon: 04651-82200 – Telefax: 04651-24310